Monday, June 04, 2012

Statistics

Blogger, my blog provider, got some new features a couple of weeks ago. One is a frame showing statistics on how many readers my blog has had each of the last days. This is a little fun, but also a little disturbing. I have realized that I, sometimes, think too much about the statistics, in the lines of: "how can I write this blog to get more readers". There is nothing wrong with getting more readers, but I have never before written this blog just to maximize the number of readers. I worry that this might change me, as a writer, and I am not comfortable with that thought. I like the way I have been writing my blog from the start. I guess I must stop thinking so much about the statistics, but it is easier said than done. I am working on the problem, though. If you, as my reader, notice any change in my style as a blog writer, do not hesitate to tell me, I would like to know!

No comments: