Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Space Shuttle

The last flight of the US space shuttles ended today, when Atlantis landed in Florida. This brings the end of a chapter of human space flight. (Dog space flight is older than human, remember Laika!) The space shuttles have been expensive to run. NASA hopes to save money, which will be invested in more modern space craft that can travel further into space. One of the destinations they hope for is the Moon. I like that. With my name being Lunar Eclips in the pedigree, I do have a special interest in the Moon. I hope humans will go there again rather soon. When the Moon is colonized, dogs will certainly live there too. I wonder when we will se the first dog show on the Moon. If the Moon is the next target for the space craft replacing the space shuttles, retiring them is a good thing.

No comments: