Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's in a Name?

We are debating what we would like to call my pups. There must be official names to be registered with the Swedish Kennel Club, and there must be names that humans can call out and that dogs can easily understand and separate from names of other dogs.

Shiba Inus have a reputation for chosing their own names. The pups are yet too small to have anything to say for themselves in this matter, still being deaf, but I would like it to be nice names. When they grow older, they may want to change names, but that is a question between each dog and his or her human.

The litter is an E litter, so Paula and Daniel would like to give the two pups official names that reflects the letter E in some way or another. I do not care as much about these names, but I will give Paula and Daniel enough time to agree on great names. I am quite satisfied myself with my official name, that they gave me.

No comments: