Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Fox?

Daniel claims he saw a fox running across our lawn this evening. I do not know if I believe him. None of us dogs where out in the yard at the time, witnessing the fox outside the fence. Would a fox not stay away from the scents of all of us close by, or would it not care? I hope it would care and would stay away. Foxes are not the same species as we, but they hunt for more or less the same prey. We want that prey to ourselves in our lot. I told Daniel that if I would have been outdoors and seen the fox, I would have barked at it to make it run away. Daniel just told me he thought it was lucky I was not outside. He is more concerned about not disturbing the human neighbours than protecting the lot. However, the human neighbours respect the borders to our lot, that fox obviously did not - if indeed it was there.

No comments: