Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Swedish Teams in World Cups

I was late home yesterday evening, because Paula and I visited Kesshi and Mia. When I got home, I was too tired to write anything in my blog. It was a fun night.

The Swedish team played its last game in The FIFA Ladies' Football World Cup. Sweden did not make it from the first round. Well, it is not quite as bad as the Swedish participation in the current Rugby World Cup, the third largest sports event in the world. (The first is the FIFA Football World Cup for Gents and the second is the Summer Olympic Games.) Sweden have no team at all in the Rugby World Cup and has never had one in the previous world cups either. This is a shame on such an internationally big sport. I hope Sweden will do better in four years when these world cups come back.

No comments: