Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Selling Art to China

The Chinese economy is doing very well. Decades ago, China was a victim of long wars, which damaged and destroyed a lot of antiquities in the country. Still, European love for Chinese goods throughout many centuries have resulted in many Chinese antiquities ending up here, for example in Sweden. The wealthy part of the Chinese society are now out hunting for these antiquities.

I can understand the urge to buy pieces abroad of what you consider your own heritage. Still, I would never want to sell to any Chinese. China is a dictatorship and they treat dogs very badly. I have no good feelings for China at all. If I would have any Chinese antiquities, I would not sell them to Chinese, no matter what the price. I would not think it would be worth it.

No comments: