Friday, July 19, 2019

RIP, My Dear Brother Jiro

My dear little brother Jiro, the last born in our litter of three, has passed away today after a few days of illness.

Jiro was always the calm one – a nice, friendly, and intelligent Shiba male.

Jiro was the very first dog with the Aangemaam prefix who became champion. We were both at the same dog show in Sundsvall shortly after our second birthday in September 2007, both with the required number of certificates from before this birthday. Jiro won a certificate and became champion, I did not. I had to wait until the next dog show season to win my Swedish Show Champion title.

We met now and then, mostly at dog shows, in our adult life. It was always a happy reunion. I will miss the opportunities to meet Jiro again, this side of the gate into Heaven. If I get to Heaven, I am sure I will meet Jiro there.

Requiescat in pace, my dear brother!

No comments: