Monday, March 05, 2018

Animals Not Allowed

There are a lot of rules surrounding the Eurovision Song Contest. A human can compete for any country, the only limitation is that you cannot compete for more than one country per year. A dog, however, cannot compete at all. There is a rule that forbids animals on stage. I can understand this rule, when it comes to wild animals, but how could a dog on stage be wrong?


Dogs have been part of human civilisation for many millenia. We often perform in front of humans, such as in dog shows, freestyle, agility, etc. Many dogs like to perform. Many dogs like music.


It is not that I would want to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest myself. I am content with my success in the dog show rings. However, I do believe dogs could make a nice contribution to the show. Perhaps the rules should be changed?

No comments: