Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Torn

I am torn tonight. The USA plays Belgium in the World Cup, and Mum is naturally rooting for the USA. She is an American, always. Dad would, however, root for Belgium. I know this, because he always did, when his native Norway was not playing. His father was from Belgium. Who should I root for?

Daniel says it is better for Sweden if a European country will win, because this will make It more probable that the European football federation UEFA keeps many slots in future World Cups. I do root for Switzerland, just like he does, in the earlier game today versus Argentina. As for the latter game, I do not know. I would not be really disappointed with any result. Still, not really rooting for one team makes the game less exciting. What am I giong to do?

No comments: