Friday, January 03, 2014

Unlikely Cause of Death

Some mass media has published the improbable story that the disfavoured uncle of the dictator of North Korea would have been trapped in a cage with starved dogs and thus killed by the dogs, who would have eaten him.

I could never believe this, when I heard about it. The overwhelming majority of dogs are not likely to eat humans, no matter how starved they may be. If they do, it is certainly because they have been taught by their humans to do so, which is also unlikely. The story did not come from North Korea, either. The American historian Dr Tim Stanley has also published an article where he dismisses the story as unlikely. I could not put it as well as he did, but I have to agree with him.

I do not believe more than that the uncle of the dictator has been executed, but probably in a way more likely to actually kill him.

No comments: