Sunday, November 04, 2012

Naïvete on the Internet?

A Swedish businessman writes in an article published today, that Swedes in general are naïve on the Internet. We believe that social media on the Internet that seem to be free, really are free. However, he writes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Everything we write and put on the Internet are controlled by the sites where we put it, not by ourselves.

I know this is so. I always think before I publish a blog entry. There are a lot of things going on in the lives of me, my family, and friends, that I do not write anything about. I would assume most people are as careful as I am. Perhaps not enough people are, so I think it is good that people are informed. Whether you are careful or not, I guess a warning may be in order. Consider yourself warned by this blog entry, dear Internet user!

No comments: