Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Prison

A man in Sweden tortured his puppy dog to death. He has now been sentenced to one year and three months in prison for animal cruelty. While this is supposed to be a record long sentence, I still believe it is way to short. In the news article, it says what he did to the poor puppy, but I cannot bear to write it here.

Daniel says he is puzzled any human could torture a little dog like this man did, and not be sentenced to psychiatric care. Beating and even killing humans may be done by mentally healthy people, Daniel says, but torturing a dog, he does not understand that. I want to agree with Daniel, though I think I am too cynical to believe only the mentally ill humans would do these things. Unfortunately, many humans have a tendency to become beasts.

I hope the murdered dog has found peace in the afterlife.

No comments: