Wednesday, January 01, 2020

A New Year

We have now entered a new year, and the 2020’s. As always, I think it feels just like before. The concept of collecting the days into weeks, months, and years is something special for humans. I can see that the seasons of a year come and go, but I have no particular need to say that those days were last year and these days is the present year.

Celebrations are always fun. I like the annual birthday celebration that my humans give me. The New Year celebration is not particulary funny, however. I cannot understand the point of shooting crackers and fireworks, for a lot of money, scaring many animals. If New Uear celebrations would be conducted in a better way, I would understand it better. Then I would probably think the concept of different numbers for different years would be a better thing. The change of years would then result in a good party.

We did have rather fun yesterday night. Paula’s sister was here. Her parents stopped by for dinner, even though they left well before midnight. I am not afraid of the explosions, but I do not like them, either. Perhaps the 2020’s is the decade when New Year celebrations become more quiet? I hope so.

No comments: