Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chinese Attacks on Vietnamese Fishermen

Mainland China seems determined to get bad relations to a lot of its neighbours. It is not at peace with Taiwan, formally claiming its territory. It is claiming the Senkaku Islands, even though they are undisputably Japanese. Now it is harassing and abusing Vietnamese fishermen for fishing in waters that China claims as its own, but no other country accept as Chinese. I wish there could be a peaceful end to these aggressions by China. In a way, I do not think there will be a peaceful end to it, but I can still hope for it, can I not? I just wonder what other means the neighbours have of bringing these policies to an end. China has a strong military force, so war is not an option unless China starts. It better not go that far. Swedish mass media should write more about this, I believe.

No comments: