Tuesday, April 08, 2008

New Head of Bank of Japan

The Japanese parliament has agreed upon a new governor of the Bank of Japan. This was the third person that Prime Minister Yasuo Fusuda nominated, and the first that the opposition party that has a majority in the Upper House of parliament could agree to. I suppose that the new governor is good at economy, but I cannot tell what kind of man he is. I do not know whether he has a dog or not, which is the prime factor when I judge the character of a human. Nevertheless, I believe this is good news for the whole world economy. Japan has the second largest economy in the world, if there is uncertainty on who is to run the Bank of Japan, this cannot be good. A good economy rests on certainty. Now that there is a governor of the bank, one uncertainty in the economy is gone.

No comments: