Friday, June 08, 2007

Blog Post D - I'm an Aunt!

For those of you who do not read Roman numerals, this is my five hundredth blog post. D is the Roman numeral for 500.

My Dad became a grand father for the first time today, as his son, my half brother, Chikai, became father of two puppy girls. (Jbax Chikai-Yorokobi was the only pup by Dad's second marriage, to Cronhagens Taiyo-Terahime.) This means I'm an aunt. I have been an aunt ever since I was born on Mum's side, since she had had litters before the one with me in it. This is the first time I can call myself aunt to puppies on Dad's side. It is also the first time I am an aunt to pups born in Sweden.

Dad and I plan to celebrate this evening. Mum says she does not care much. I know Mum has never been fond of Dad's marriages to others than her, but I am certain she will feast just as much as the rest of us at the food we are having for the celebration.

Sweden won the Euro 2008 qualification game against Iceland this Wednesday by 5-0. Today the European Football Association decided that the game against Denmark last Saturday would be considered a Swedish victory by 3-0. This result was anticipated, but we can still be happy for it.